Foster Care Birthdays
Sadly, too many children in foster care have never experienced the joy of a birthday celebration.
These foster children have never had anyone sing “Happy Birthday” to them. They’ve never had gifts to open or candles to blow out on a birthday cake. These children might not even understand what a birthday is—that there’s a special day every year to be celebrated in their honor.
All foster children should receive the joy, self-esteem growth, and beautiful memories that a birthday celebration provides.
Helping Foster Children Celebrate Their Birthday
We create personalized birthday packages for children in foster care. You can help us make an impact from the comfort of your home or by volunteering with us.
Help Celebrate Foster Care Birthdays From Home
Want to help foster care children celebrate their birthdays? There are three ways you can help from wherever you are located.
- Decorate Birthday Dream Bags: We craft Birthday Dream Bags for foster children that include three gifts and a book. You can help us decorate these bags so they’ll dazzle the foster children that we give them to.
- Create Birthday Cards: Help us make fun, personalized birthday cards that we can include in the Birthday Dream Bags.
- Create a Birthday Party in a Bag: As part of our Birthday Dreams package, we include a “Birthday Party in a Bag” that has all the supplies needed to celebrate a birthday. You can help us create these.
Learn more about how you can participate in one of these at-home service projects.
Volunteer to Celebrate Foster Care Birthdays
We’re always in need of volunteers to help us with our Birthday Dreams Program. Volunteer roles include:
- Fill Birthday Requests
- Decorate Birthday Dreams Bags
- Create Birthday Cards
Volunteers play an integral role in creating amazing birthday memories for children in foster care. Just a small amount of your time can make a world of difference in the life of a child. Learn more about our volunteer opportunities at Arizona Helping Hands.
Foster Care Gift Donation Ideas
- Books (children and teens)
- Arts and Crafts Supplies (painting kit, coloring book, bracelet-making supplies, etc.)
- Board Games
- Sports Items (football, soccer ball, mini basketball hoop, etc.)
- Gifts for Teen Girls (makeup kit, notebook/journal, bath and body kits, headphones/earpods, jewelry, etc.)
- Gifts for Teen Boys (shaving kit, hair styling gel, notebook/journal, headphones/earpods, water bottles)
- Gift Cards for Teens (teen clothing stores, electronics stores, etc.)
Even a single birthday donation for our foster care children is helpful to us!
Birthday Party Donation Ideas
Our Birthday Party in a Bag is an integral part of our Birthday Dreams gift packages. These bags include a full set of party supplies with everything needed for a foster care birthday celebration.
Here are our most needed items:
- Birthday Bags
- Boxed Cake Mixes
- Cake Frosting
- Cake Pans
- Birthday Candles
- Paper Birthday Hats
- Party Horn
How to Donate for Foster Care Birthdays
There are several different ways you can donate to a foster care birthday, including:
- Shopping Our Wishlist
- Sponsoring a Collection Drive
- Dropping Off Birthday Gift Donations
- Making a Monetary Donation
You can help us no matter how much free time you have available.
Shop our Wishlist
Having trouble coming up with birthday party donation ideas? Shop our wishlist online. We’ve curated a variety of wishlists that are perfect for our Birthday Dreams packages.
Sponsoring a Collection Drive
Sponsor a collection drive at a location near you. Gift collection drives can be a great way to gather a large volume and variety of birthday gifts for our packages by tapping into your community.
Dropping Off Birthday Gift Donations
We’re grateful for your donation! You can drop off donations at our facility:
3110 E. Thunderbird Rd. Suite 100, Phoenix, AZ 85032
We’re open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Please drive to the back of the building to the last garage door (Northeast corner). We’ll have a staff member there to accept your donation!
Make a Donation
We’re extremely appreciative of monetary donations! Your one-time or monthly donation helps us create wonderful birthday packages for foster care children. Learn how to donate to Arizona Helping Hands.
Birthday Dreams Request
Need help celebrating a birthday for a foster care child? Fill out a birthday request form. We also offer other resources for foster families.